Subject: Customize My '68?
Author:  type-3-errors@umich.edu at SMTPGATE
Date:    4/15/97 8:51 PM

Hey all,

          I have been pondering a thought about my type 3 squareback for some
time now and I thought to myself, who better to ask than the type 3 internet
officionado club (you guys with the tips). So in asking my question I am
looking for any and all suggestions. So go nuts.
          I recieved my SB as a gift from my parents so not much money has
gone into it yet. I have had many ideas for it though. For starters; I would
really like any tips on how to give my SB the most power possible. I have
talked to VW shops but most only know about the bugs, OF COURSE, NOTHING NEW
THERE. Anyway, I also would love to have a baja car to take on camping trips.
I know bugs make dirt cars but I love my SB. So, I need to know if there is
any way to raise my SB and maybe put dirt-worthy tires on it in orde to
handle rougher terrain. Would bus suspension work? Or would baja type 1
suspension work? Granted my SB is a tough little car right now but I would
love some more heat under the hood (or should I say behind the seat) and as
much clearance as possible.