Trivia

FYI:  The week of March 31 I had my tonsils removed.  During that time I rented
a bunch of movies, most of them martial arts as I'm learning Taekwondo and I
wanted to see how I can use the other styles.  Anyway, one of the movies I saw
was a Bruce Lee flick titled "Game of Death".  32minutes and 30seconds into the
film guess what I saw (if you don't know then why are you on this list?) but a
light blue Squareback that (seemed) to have no headlamps installed (the holes
were there but no actual assembly in place).  The turn signals worked.  I have a
very good VCR but since the quality of the tape wasn't very good it was hard to
make it out.  The scene only lasted but a few seconds.

There's also another movie out there in which the two main characters drive a
real funky lookin' Squareback (which is displayed on the box cover).  The movie
itself isn't the greatest (i.e. watch it with some VW enthusiasts whilst
drinking a few good beers) and is *definitely* not a family values movie (i.e.
some female skin is displayed; sorry ladies, but it's appeal is for the
rebellious adolescent male crowd) at least just watch the opening credits as
it's a Miami Vice style look of the T3 driving at night while "Iron Man" (I
think that's the song title) plays -- totally groovin' if you like classic rock!
 The movie plays Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear the Reaper" a couple of times as
they two drive around searching for something to do.  I forgot the movie title
but if no one posts it I'll try to find it and let ya'll know.

     Toby "if I only had a big budget and a film crew" Erkson
     air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
     '72 VW Squareback 1.6L bored and stroked to 2.0L
     '75 Porsche 914 stock 1.8L for sale