Re: shortage of

Maybe I'm a odd individual, but I don't like the appearance of the pre 1970 T3s.
The narrow lenses, slanted nose/hood:  I think it looks OLD.  This is why I own
(have for 13 years) a '70 SB.  Unfortunately its body is just getting real
tired.  (260,000 miles).  So, if anyone in California has a '70 stick SB in good
body condition, I am interested.

PS:  I often only get to the old PC about every other week to check mail.
That's why this response is so late.  If you write me, just wait, I'll get back
to you ASAP.

>From: Volksfolk@aol.com
>Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 18:05:44 -0500 (EST)
>To: type-3@umich.edu
>Subject: shortage of "oldies"?
>

>T3,
>
>  Why is there so many '70-'73 T3's on this list?
>I have been noticeing that most of you have them.
>I dont know if I would ever buy one of those years,
>I really dont like the huge tailites, turn signals, and
>most of all the flat hood. I think pre '69's when lowered
>enough are the best lookin VW's from the front.
>Maybe it is hard to find a vintage on where you live,
>but I live in so Cal. and there is at least 5 a month for
>sale. I dont mean to offend anyone, I am just telling
>you what I see. And I was just curious.
>One more reason I like oldies is there is no smog reqd.!
>
>'65 square
>'64 notch

Kevin Toney
ktoney@hotmail.com