Re: '66 Fastback for Sale $300 - More Info.

Sonya Herrera-Wilson wrote:

> Thank you all for replying.
>
> Here is some info I forgot to add.
>
> We are located in Southern California and are already the proud owners of a
> 1971 Fastback which is a daily driver (60mi round trip).  We had this car
> for about 6 mos when the engine went and my husband totally redid it.  From
> the electical, engine, tranny, fuel hoses...etc.  All that now needs to be
> done is a little body rust near the rear vents and paint and this would
> look much better than a Fastback that was sold for $3700(also more
> mechanically sound).
>
> Also we have a '70 Fastback for parts, was running and drove it home(has
> front driver quarter panel gone.)
>
> So...we have an extra engine, tranny, seats, glass, some rubber.
>
> He was thinking we could put the T3 engine and stuff on it to restore it
> then possibly sell it.
>
> Since restoring our '71 FS, my husband(who is mechanically inclined) is a
> T3 fanatic now and is hot for this car.  I'm not so sure, but he wanted me
> to send this info to you all to see if its still a bad idea(which I think
> it is).
>
> Any more ammo to help slap him to reality? ;-)
> Or am I fighting a losing battle?;(
>
> Thanks for your imput!
> Sonya

Sonya,

Still a bad idea.  The '66 has lots of parts different then what you can
get off your donor car.  Fenders are different (different holes for turn
signals, no exterior gas flap), seats are different, bumpers are
different, '66 carburated engine, '71 fuel injected......

But, if he's like me, you're fighting a losing battle!

Charlie
Connecticut
'67 Square