Horny Squareback

Hi, all - Laid on the horn the other day and it decided to remain on.  I
disconnected one of the leads at the horn to stop it, and later I
inspected the horn contact ring, which looked O.K; also disconnected the
center wire there and found there was still current going to the horn.
I'm figuring there's a short in the wiring somewhere between horn and
steering wheel, but I don't know if those wires run through the column,
or where they detour out, etc.  Will it be necessary to cut into the
loom to isolate wire(s) involved?  Appreciate advice, fellow T3ers.

Jeff Knipe
'69 SB