Compression Ratio Vs Heat - NOW WITH OCTANE RATINGS!!!! (sorry)

Thanks all for the help so far,

I should of thought of including this info earlyer,

I am from NSW, Australia.  I am not sure of the octane rating of the petrol
down here but I beleve it is about 92 for Unleaded and 96 for Leaded.
There is also the Premium Unleaded which I have no idea about.

I would like to run my car on the unleaded (trying to be reasonably
environmentally friendly!!)  but what ever the car would
prefer is what I will feed it.

Any further Sugestions or corrections on Aus fuel??