Re: Rear Engine Support

Jim,

Thanks.  The rubber doughnut is inside the body-mounted part.  You are
right, it doesn't seem to do much.  However, I remember reading in Wilson's
and Muir's guides that one should watch for the shims that fit between the
rubber doughnut and the steel arm from the engine that fits inside the
doughnut.  Since I didn't have shims in my Variant and the arm/doughnut
combination didn't seem to do much, I thought that I might be missing
something important.

I'll sleep better knowing that they probably are not needed.

Take care,

John Kowalski
'65 1500s Variant
'70 1302s Super