Re: t-3 sighting

At 07:21 PM 4/13/97 -0500, josh curtis wrote:
>last night on the discovery chanal on a program name JUSTICE FILES they
>had old footage of  murder case investigation and as the cop drove up
>the street a white t-3 fastback sat in front of the house he was going

Wow, this story is really close to my own car's 15 minutes of Andy Warhol
fame, but not exactly.   My white 1968 Squareback was "immortalized" on a
episode of The Rockford Files back in 1975 or 1976 (actually, it was my
mom's car at the time ;), when were filming down the block from my old
house in Sherman Oaks, CA, for two days.  The scene had Rockford knock on
the front door of one of my neighbor's houses, get an address or phone
number that was the key to the bust or case, and then get in his car and go
rippin' down Greenleaf Street right past my house and sqbk!  They did it
like 15 times, and the car was there for every take.

Since then I've seen my car on TV 3X!  Once in the original run of the
episode and twice on reruns!  It's been like 10 years though since the last
time i saw it on a rerun, as they don't run the show anymore. :(

But if you guys are ever watching late night reruns and see ole Rockford
jamming around in his
Gran Torino (or was it a Trans Am? Yeah, I guess it was Starsky and Hutch
w/ the Torino! ;) keep a lookout
for my (mom's) sqbk!  It's on the right hand side of the street in the
shot, so u get a nice view of the rear
and my plate, which is still the same.

-Dave Yaghoubian