Re: Speedo diameter needed

Toby Erkson wrote:

> I want to replace my stock speedometer with a programmable unit.  Would
> someone please send me the stock speedometer diameter.

Traditionally on european cars, the largest gauge, usually the speedo is
100mm, the next size down, usually the tacho is 80mm, and the minor
gauges, usually temp gauges etc. are 52mm.

These are the sizes used be VDO today. They do a 100mm electronic speedo
that can be programmed for different wheel diameters, but I think you
will require a speed sensor. The speedos have a LCD odometer and come
with various scales in miles and km, and if you want to look flash, have
a unit that reads upto 200mph.

Nic Webb
71 Fastback
Team Roobarb & Custard