Re: Brakes

> Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 10:35:10 -0500 (CDT)
> From: "James L. McGill" <fishbowl@FOTD.NETCOMI.COM>
> cc: type-3@UMICH.EDU
> Subject: Re: Brakes

> Thanks.  I feel comfortable with the brake travel on the
> square and on the bus, but on the bus, I changed the master
> cylinder myself.  I always wonder about work I do myself.
> I remember fiddling with the little clevis thing at the
> time...

FWIW, the Workshop Manual for old buses also lists a clearance
distance of 1mm between the pushrod end and the master cylinder
piston as cited for the Type III brakes.  How to measure the 1mm
while the pieces are together is not specified.  A very small 1mm
spacer (like a ball bearing) to put in the hole in the piston
might work (to be removed after setting the pushrod of course).

-Jim Bryant