Brakes

For James McGill, I got this from the Haynes 1963-1973 Type 3 1500
&1600  Owners Workshop Manual, from the Brakes chapter. It doesn't
really specify technique, but if the brake pedal is in the full resting
position, it shouldn't depress more then 1 mm (your call) before you
begin to feel any resistance on the pedal.  If you get in there on your
hands and knees, and push the brake pedal by hand, it's fairly easy to
tell when the resistance starts. At that point, you adjust the pushrod
by loosening the lock nut on it, and either turning it in or out to take
up any slack.  It's a good exercise in getting to know your car more
intimately, something I would recommend to everyone. Good luck.
David Walters
'73 Notch