Re: Generator

At 02:16 PM 1/4/97 PST, Toby Erkson wrote:
>My father had problems with the voltage regulator(VR) when he owned the
>car.  He found that if he gave the VR a sharp rap with the butt of a
>screwdriver it would act correctly.  Apparently the metal contacts can
>stick together.  I've replaced the VR before and it's easy -- same goes for
>the generator.

I was on a trip once and needed a VR.  Luckily I was in a town big enough to
have a VW store.  They had only one Type 3 VR on the shelf and said it had
been there several years.  That is when I decided to put one on my list of
tools and parts to take along whenever I go on long trips.  Just a little
insurance so I don't get stranded somewhere for a couple days waiting for
one to be shipped from somewhere.

Larry

Larry Edson
sonofed@ix.netcom.com