Generator

My Squareback is finally out of the shop, darn air pressure sensor acting up
again, causing all sorts of problems.  Anyway, my generator is on it's last
leg, but it has a few good miles left on it.  My brush was completely warn
down, so I replaced it with a new one, and now my generator warning light will
not shut off, is this normal?  Also, any suggestions on where to get a new (or
rebuilt) generator in southern cal?

One more question...  I have looked everywhere for the Volkswagen for idiots
book, no one has even heard of it! (except the VW owners)  The guy at barns and
noble couldn't even spell volkswagen, let alone find it in his computer, where
can I find one?

Thanks,
Eric Fisher
'71 SqBack