Re: Re[2]: T-3 Census

I didn't know that it was a kit...  I thought the previous owner was
really off.

There was a black plastic cover (thermal formed) over the air cleaner...
 It didn't line up so well, so they had to cut a hole in it.

How it runs?  Well, sad to say, I have never heard it run.  When I got it
(my first VW, by the way), it had several problems preventing it from
running.

Transaxle:  It had a broken "Hockey Stick" .you experts probably know
what that is, but when I went to get one I identified the part as
"...this thing that sticks out of the transaxle...".  To which Nick
replied "Oh, a Hockey Stick".  Anyway, that is fixed now.

Electrical:  Previous owner tried to troubleshoot a cronic fuse blowing
problem...
 	...I'm still sorting that out.  Hope to be done soon.  I don't
have a good Service manual (my Hayes doesn't have color coded wiring
diagram  :( .  I got a nice color coded one from M&M (Nick let me borrow
his book and go make color copies).  I had several copies laminated
(anybody interested?).

I still have no idea what condition the motor is in...  I'll let you know
when I get there.

As for the signal covers, or for any other parts, I'd be happy to help
you clean out your garage.

Steve Boicourt
'70 sb