Re: The motor in MD

>It might be a commercial (industrial) motor.  I understand the Type 3
>configuration was fairly popular for that application.
The industrial engines I have seen (to generate electricity) have the
upright fan housing as in type 1/2s. The ones used in fire pumps: ditto. I'm
not saying pancake engines were not used for such applications, but they
would certainly be rare.

>J-tubes instead of heater boxes
>horseshoe bracket in top center of the engine
These seem to be features (no heater boxes, bracket for ease of lifting)
that are typical for an industrial engine.

Who has the answer? Please let us know!
Hanno Spoelstra <H.L.Spoelstra@WbMt.TUDelft.NL>
Bloemendaal, The Netherlands