Subject: increasing exhaust/muffler life-span: durable finish?
Author:  type-3-errors@umich.edu at SMTPGATE
Date:    3/11/97 8:22 AM

The exhausts/mufflers I have used until now all burn off the paint after a
short time and start to rust. I think that to make an exhaust/muffler last
longer, it helps to apply a more
durable finish, such as:
- applying a high temp (aluminium?) paint;
- having it galvanised (by dipping);
- having it flame sprayed;
If anyone has tried any of these or other methods, please let me know your
experiences.

Thanks in advance,
Hanno Spoelstra <H.L.Spoelstra@WbMt.TUDelft.NL>
Bloemendaal, The Netherlands