(re:) rusty wheels

On the topic of rusty wheels, I have another question...

my '70 sb came to me with an Earl Sheib  "White Out" paint job that
included the 8 spoke EMPI's.

I can do the body and paint, but not sure about the wheels.

First of all.  I'm sure they're not original...-> Should I find the
original type?  What is the original type?

Second...  How do I restore the EMPI's if I keep them...-> Sand Blast?

sboicourt
'70 sb