Re: HELP!!!- Heads/Injectors

Christopher,

Sounds like the valve seat is slippping. The valve seams to be moving
farther outward from the motor? Time for a new or rebuilt head.

I'm not sure about the part number you gave for the spare head, but a
head from a bug motor is the same with the exception of the temperature
sensor hole.  (If your looking at the adjusting end of the head, the
hole will be on the right side, in the fins.) This only applies to
Cylinders number 3 & 4, not 1 & 2.  If your problem is on 1 & 2, don't
worry about it.  Also, the 86mm pistons, you did't have to machine the
engine to install them, right?  If so, you will have to machine the new
head to match.

The stock injectors are able to handle the 1776. Don't worry about that,
it can handle your wife's driving for now.  Just make sure that the
injectors DO squirt!

Big Al
awpresley@earthlink.net