FREEZURNUGEN

I began the restoration of a '73 Squareback in August, 1996, and hope to
have it back on the road in another month.  One thing we've learned is that
just because the catalog says a part will fit your Type III, it usually
won't.  It will come close; then you'll have to modify. The modification you
need to make will require skill and ingenuity.  This has been the pattern
for us.

We feel fortunate that we found someone in our area (Clearwater, FL) who
excels at custom restorations of Type IIIs (as well as bugs, busses, ghias,
& things).  When the rubber didn't fit the windows, when the instruments
didn't fit the holes, when the Dellortos prevented the engine lid from
closing, etc. Ed Muha of Gilmore Enterprises made it happen.

We are excited about the AC system that he has developed.  I am having one
installed.  He calls the system "Freezurnugen" and it is available in kits.
Modern, high efficiency components, and a custom bracket THAT FITS!

If you're planning to go to the April 6 event in Lakeland, FL, Ed will be
there at the Gilmore Enterprises booth.  Say Hi and tell him you read about
him on the net.

If you're not around this area and are interested in more information on the
AC system, give Ed a call at 813-573-2944.

Robert Wilson
'73 Squareback
FL Lic.  73 SQBK