Re: Empi's: willthey work?

Keith Park wrote:

> HI!
>
> I want to get the 8 spoke empi's for my stock IRS Notch,  they're listed as
> 5.5 inch instead of the stock 4.5 inch ones.
>
> Question:  weill I get tire rub if I use stock 165-15 radials???

yes, but minor (on a fastback).  I only get bump-rub on big bumps at
high speeds (front only), or uneven pavement on sharp turns (front
only).

> If so what tire size can I get away with??

check out that "tire size" program that was posted on this email list.
If you don't have it, I'll send it to you.  I'm thinking about getting
new tires soon.  If I went to a lower series (50's ?) the wheel diameter
would be smaller, thus less chance for rubbing.  This may fix my
problem.  However, I'm not sure I can find 165 or 175-50's at a
reasonable price.  Does anyone know of a good source for low profile,
narrower than usual tires?

> they seem popular so I'm sure someone is using this combo.

If I had the $, I'd find some different wheels.  However, I have more
important things to replace first.

> thanks;  Keith
> parkkj@crd.ge.com

Dan Hirth