Re: Bare pan

> n a message dated 96-10-23 17:09:50 EDT, you write:
>
>  > I am in the same situation as you are.  My floor boards are still OK,
but
> we
>  >  found some water under the tar boards that made my friend rip up the
tar.
>  >  It was heartbreaking, but it seems like the only way to get in there
and
>  >  stop the surface rust.  The original tar boards seem to have some
> styrofoam
>  >  pressed inside of them.  I have not yet been able to find anything that
>  >  comes near in quality to these in the aftermarket parts area.
>  >
>  >  >Hi!!!  I have a 73 Fastback and need suggestions on what to replace
>  >  >my "wet" tar boards with. My car was decorating an abandoned field
>  >  >until I felt the

  Y'all want to see surface rust under the "tarboards" check out the pictures

 of my notch dissassembly  at http://users.aol.com/my65notch/pics.htm. I got
 the  type 3  sound deadener pads from Autosport International in Vancouver,
 WA. All they are is 3/8 in. thick closed foam pads that you glue to the
floor
 before you glue in the carpet pad. I got some extra and used it in my bug
 this summer in the package tray area and it worked nicely.

  Dan