Re: Bare pan

>Hi!!!  I have a 73 Fastback and need suggestions on what to replace
>my "wet" tar boards with. My car was decorating an abandoned field
>until I felt the need to help it (someone didn't roll the window up
>though).  Believe it or not the pan is in great shape but I wanted to
>get all the molded carpet and boards up.  I know there are replacement
>boards for the Type I.  Will these work ok or is there someone that
>makes these for the aftermarket????  Is anyone using anything else,
>padding, sound deadening material or what????  Thanks in advance.

In the 73, the floor sound deadener pads are a combination of tarpaper and
styrofoam.  These are not affected by water.  If the metal is okay, just
leave the OEM pads in place.

The carpet is another story.

Anyone know where I might find a very good condition interior, carpets,
vinyl panels, rear mat, all dark blue for a 73 sqbk?

Jim
       jadney@vwtype3.org              jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                             Madison, Wisconsin