Re: a Silver T3?

On Mon, 28 Oct 1996, Keith Park wrote:

> My 71 Squareback is factory Silver Metallic (L96D).  Ive never seen another
> silver type 3 anywhere!  Any one else seen one?  Silver isn't listed as
> a color in the states in the brochures and my car was bought in Germany.
>
> Anyone in Europe seen one?  or is mine just a freak!
>
> Keith

I saw *one* in Seattle about a month ago and it was quite stunning!  When
looking in paint books for VW '71, I do remember a silver color swatch (I
think it was PPG's catalogue?).

I picked "Irish Green" (L60E, a dark green, actually, not the color Irish
americans call Irish Green) for my Type 3.  I later found out that only
Ghias had that color that year, (oh well) so mine is sort of
original as well.  Purists might say I screwed it up, but it *is* a
vintage VW color and it looks damned good in that color.......

Doug H.
'71 SQB