Re: Squareback heat exchangers?

Patrick Joel Morton wrote:

> That about says it.  There are none anywhere in Finland, not even used.  No
> catalogues seem to list them either.  Where can I buy new heat exchangers
> and what should I expect to pay?  The 64 million dollar question for 60
> million dollar parts ...
>
> PatrickHi Patrick,
Why do you go through all the trouble of getting type 3 stuff from the
States??? There are several companies, mainly mailorder, that sell NOS
and good used type 3 parts in Germany, Belgium, France and Holland. All
you ask for is available from these guys, including heat exchangers. The
latter are expensive though. The large ones are round $150, the smaller
ones round $100. At swap meets in Europe like VW Euro in Holland you can
buy things much cheaper. Things like rear lenses are round $10-20. Buy
the German magazine 'VW Scene' and you'll find 60 million adds.
Theo