Unidentifiable Switch in '65 Variant

Hey Everybody:

I am having difficulty figuring out what one switch is for in my '65 1500s
Variant.  The switch is a pull "on" switch with a white knob like the
headlight switch.  It is installed in the same manner as the headlight and
wiper switch and it looks original.  The unidentifiable switch is located
just to the left of the wiper/washer switch and it points straight down from
under the dash.  It is not the hood latch, nor does it seem to operate
anything.  It is just there.  I have checked in an owner's manual for my
car's model year, but that is lacking information about it as well.  Would
any of you have an idea about what this may be?  Have any of you come across
one of these switches before?

Appreciate any of your ideas.

Take care,

John