lowering your type 3

>	I disagree.  The handleing is very much the same as long as you
>lower the rear one notch when you lower the front two notches.  To get rid
>of the rough ride remove the rubber snubbers from the front.  You might
>bottom out metal to metal on the snubber mount when you hit large pot
>holes.  You can either cut and reweld the mount.  Cut and don't mount the
>snubber mount.  Don't hit really large holes.

So you feel that the handling is unaffected as long as we ignore the lack of
travel and the low ground clearance.  Then you don't mention bump steer.

I think there are several people out there who aren't being really
objective.  [To be fair, I'm probably one of them.]
Jim,
	No I don't feel that it is unaffected.  I said it is VERY MUCH THE
SAME.  This does not imply exactly like.  I feel that for the increase in
sightlyness lowering it it worth it.  I would not drive around in a square
or fastback with the butt saggin and the front not lowered.  I might
tolerate it in a notch only because I would want to keep is totally stock.
To keep from affecting handling at all we would all have to drive around on
bias ply tires right.  Thats what it was designed for.

	I only wanted to say that the ride was still decent.  This is not
like driving a Mercedes.  If you lower it you affect ride quality.  I just
don't believe that the degree you affect it out weighs the gains.  Its
always give and take.

	OOOps  better mention bump steer.--- I think that at two notches bump
steer is minimal.  At three notches it is a little worse.
	I do not reccomend putting it into the weeds.  At two notches I
still have 4-5 inches of ground clearance under the beam.  I only have
problems on dirt roads.  If I know of a dirt road I take the Volvo. It
doesn't look as good and I don't mind bottoming out with it.

			Jason REnville