paint codes

Where on the body of the car do you find the paint code?  I want to paint
my squareback the factory red, but I do not know what color it is.  I went
to my local paint supply and got about 10 paint codes, but I do not have
anything to compare them to.

tia

 Tim Fink                           \    /
                                     \  /
 69 Squareback                  \     \/     /
 79 Dasher                       \    /\    /
 81 Diesel Rabbit                 \  /  \  /
                                   \/    \/

tfink@hubcap.clemson.edu