T3 stereo

Hi all:

I was just some heavy hints with my wife about how I wanted to get a
stereo set up in my squareback. Anyone care to share their experiences
with this?

I've got holes already for a dash-mounted one, but I was curious if anyone
has attempted a glovebox mount.  (I've got a spare insert from the
junkyard).

Also, I was wondering about speaker mounting in the footwell area.  Mine
came with speakers (non-working) in the doors, which looked like a bad
spot because they projected directly into the backrest of the seat (and
they ruined the door panels!).  I remember a person posting to the
vintagvw list about a system where they mounted plywood with holes for the
speakers in the footwell area.

Anybody tackled this?

Thanks,

Doug H.