Oldest Type 3 found

People,
	A package from a friend in Germany got here today with photo's
of potentially the oldest Type 3 in the world. It has the chassis No. of
0000054 and other photo's of it show the interior and dash etc which
show it to be extremely early. The fuel tank sender has 2.61 stamped
into it. Unfortunately all the text with the article is in German so I
can't read it but the photo's are worth it. There is an article in The
Type 3 Liebhaber e.V clubs magazine 'Der Grosse Volkswagen' and another
article on the car in September VW Scene, which is also a German
Magazine. Worth looking at if you can. Sort of makes every other Type 3
I have ever owned and seen look insignificant. Wonder where the previous
53 are now?!?
Question time. I require a NOS tail-gate rubber for my Type 3 Panel Van.
Anyone have one for sale?
--
                      \|/
                      @ @