Re: VW SP2

>Toby

        I was doing some electrical work for a bonded shipping company that was moving their warehousing, and there was this big crate with a car in it that they didn't want to move to the new warehouse, as the owner had not paid the storage and shipping fees. They offered the car to whom ever wanted it for $100.00 (Canadian) :-0  I was the only one willing to take this "kit car" (or so I thought) off their hands. Anyway, I had to get it home, which cost about $150.00 as I lived an hour away, and then I had to have the car clear customs (it came from Trinidad), so all in all it cost around $300.00 to buy and register. Since then I have been doing some reading and digging for information to start what I hope will be an excellent restoration.

                                                                                        Matthew Slattery

Matt,