Subject: Choke problem
Author:  type-3-errors@umich.edu at SMTPGATE
Date:    11/23/96 2:16 AM

Hi all,

I'm converting my 6volt 1500S to a 12v 1600 engine. Not that I wanted to,
but the 6V parts ( flywheel, crankshaft,... ) are too expensive for me,
so... Now I was wondering if I have to change the choke heater element on my
carbs. Someone I know said that it isn't neccesary, but I want to make sure.
After the blown-up of the engine, almost every part is beiing replaced, and
I don't want to risk anything by not changing these little things, unless
they work properly with 12 volts.
By the way, is it true that the engine will loose performance when I use
unleaded fuel, instead of leaded fuel ? The heads are capable of working
with unleaded, but the guy in the garage told me to still use leaded fuel,
too keep the engine at maximum performance. Will it also consume more
fuel/100 km ?
Maybe this are silly questions, but I'm learning all the time...

Tim Opdencamp