Re: OEM?

On 22 Nov 1996, Anthony Guzzi wrote:

> Hi.   What does it mean when a part is OEM?  I've hear that term for a long
> time now, and I have no idea what it means.  Can someone please say what OEM
> is?

OEM, as I understand it, is Original Equipment Manufacture, meaning, i
think, that it it new, but made to the original maufacturer's
specifications.  This compares to NOS, or new old stock, which I'm pretty
sure is original parts that, even though are 20-odd years old, have never
been used, and are therefore 'new'.
Did I get this straight, guys?

best,
Coop