Re[3]: Reply to list?

Everyone,
There may be an alternative.  For those who have an internet browser check
out -->  http://www.estinc.com/porsche/forums.html
This is for Porsche 914 enthusiasts.  I wandered a couple of newsgroups
just to see what they are all about and I wasn't impressed -- way too much
crap that didn't pertain to the subject.  I agree with Burgess.  However,
the 914 forum (is this proper terminology?) is very different and I
*really* like it.  It allows threading, like a news group, and allows
individuals to subscribe to a particular subject/thread group.  Basically,
when you subscribe to a subject group, whenever there is a posting to that
particular group it will email the posting to you.  In essence it acts just
like this mailing list.

So far the 914 forum has not had any problems with advertisers or bogus
information.  Believe me, if ANY misinformation is posted people WILL
reply/react!

My opinion is that this is the way we should be heading.  I really like the
forum idea -- the only drawback I can see is you need to have a browser,
initially, to subscribe to whatever groups you want or to see the threads.
However, the way the technology is moving if one is getting email then that
means they have a computer and a line to the outside world -- no excuses,
get a browser, period.

I no longer have a home system; I use my one at work (wanna drool? 166MHz,
two 1.6G hard drives, 8X CD-ROM, 20" NEC monitor, and a T-1 line (no modems
here, baby!) are the basics) so I can not set up a forum and maintain it
like I would like.  However, if there is someone out there who would like
to start up this sort of thing I am willing to consider a possible
partnership.  In fact, this mailing list could still be used, as any
posting from the forum could automatically be sent to the type-3 mail list,
which would still perform its function for those who aren't on the ball,
er, don't have a browser ;)

Just an idea and my 3 cents,
     Toby Erkson
     You know the rest...