Re: Reply to list?

>The reply function works well if you are using Netscape's email
>program.  It includes the type-3 address as a CC:, and the original
>sender as the "mail to".  You may be able to setup your email software
>to choose the right return address automaticaly.

Please, please, please don't do this.  This will just mean that I get two
copies of every response to one of my posts (one direct, one from the list
server.)  Using Eudora I just choose "Forward To>" and have type-3@umich.edu
among my choices.  This is a tiny bit more work than just choosing reply,
but I figure no one else out there wants to read two copies of my posts, either.

I think what we really need is a type III newsgroup.  I realize it is a long
term project, but I read other newsgroups that have less traffic than this
one and THEY don't clog up my email.  Does anyone know anything about the
newsgroup creation process.  I think we might as well get started and give
Greg the credit he deserves for getting this ball rolling.

Jim
       jadney@vwtype3.org              jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                             Madison, Wisconsin