Subject: pop-out windows
Author:  type-3-errors@umich.edu at SMTPGATE
Date:    12/28/96 9:49 PM

Hello,
My car didn't come with pop-outs as most people in Holland at the time
opted rather for a steel sunroof than pop-outs. The price difference was
about $80, so pop-outs are very rare overhere, whereas a sunroof is just
rare (Dutch people don't like spending money, I'm sorry). Something that
was supposed to be welded in on cars with pop-outs makes sense as it
explains why there is no mention of it in the parts book. However,....
underneath the top slot there is a hole of about 3mm in diameter, the
same goes for the lower slot, but there it is above. I always assumed
these were to reach a screw or something to adjust whatever there should
be fitted to adjust the window.
Keith's suggestions sounds good, the only problem is that I do not have
the slightest idea asto what 'RTV' might be, apart from respiratory tract
virus which you don't want to put on your window ;-).
The seals are NOS and in perfect shape and the slots and pillar are
straight, at least when I started. Trying to fit these d**** windows
caused two scratches in my brand new paint, a lot of bad words and a foul
temper for a couple of days.
Cheers,
Theo