you buncha dim bulbs...

(kidding again)

Hi again guys,

in reguards to "Headlights and Ignition Switch"

"...after I've started the engine they don't come on. I have to  turn
the key in the switch back a little and then the lights illuminate.
This has been happening over the past couple of months but now it is
getting harder for me to trick the switch into turning on the lights.
Hopefully someone here can shed some light on my situation. Ha Ha!"

and

"Hmmm... in light of your particular dim situation I can only offer a
similar radiating story in the hopes you may gleam some enlightenment
from my be-dazzling prediciment:

Only one of the headlights on my '73 Westy comes on when you turn on the
headlight switch, the other waits until you've started the vehicle!!?"

I love the enLIGHTening conversation in this BRIGHT group, but the DIM
fact of your DARK situation is that you both need a new keyswitch behind
the key tumbler in your respective columns.  Or you might check the
contacts behind the switch (this sepends upon the year model of the
car)  I think '71 and earlier wires were solder to the switch (check the
solder joint) and '72 and later had a plug-in connector (check the plug
for cracks and wires in the plug).

I hope this enLIGHTens you,

Big Al
awpresley@earthlink.net