Re: Help with 71 Fastback Parts

>The points for the seat belt are filled with a plastic plug.  Just
>remove the plug and Voila You have a 12mm?? hole for the bolt to go into.
>These are on the pillar between both rear windows 'bout half way up on the
>pillar.

The bolts you need can come from a Rabbit probably any other VW product.  If
you're at the junk yard, grab a few and the metal and plastic washers for
future use.

While this upper nut is factory installed, you'll still need a lower mount
point for the seatbelt retractor unit.  I welded up nuts for these just above
the rear fender wells at the base of the 'C' pillar.  It is nice having 3 point
harnesses for all 4 passengers in our Squareback.

Dave
--
Dave Burden			| 1924 Studebaker Special Six Touring Car
Digital Equipment Corporation   | 1926 Studebaker Estate Wagon (hearse w/seats)