Re: Synthetic tranny fluid?

>     As much as I advocate the FI, that stock dual setup started with a cold
>soak -28 with my 67 Fast.  Idled at 2200 though and the chokes just couldnt
>work properly that cold, but hey! I was just glad to get on the road at all!

There's no question that -28 F is cold, but I have started and driven at -35
F with the FI.  The FI was fine, the starter was weak, and the heaters by
that time were pathetic!

BTW, for those of you who may not have been longtime TIII owners.  If you
drive in the snow belt, be sure to clean the snow off the louvers on the
rear fenders before you start up; your engine needs that air for cooling and
combustion.  This is official--from the owners manual.

Jim
       jadney@vwtype3.org              jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                             Madison, Wisconsin