Subject: Synthetic tranny fluid
Author:  type-3-errors@umich.edu at SMTPGATE
Date:    12/19/96 10:30 AM

Hi folks,

     as the temperature drops here in Michigan (temps getting to about
5F/-14C these days), the Redline synthetic manual transmission fluid that
I put in the squareback a few months ago is performing beautifully.  With
the regular stuff, shifting was very stiff when cold.  The Redline MTL is
making for easy shifts.  Will be interesting to see how it does when it
gets even colder.  Even at the better part of US$30 for filling the
tranny, it appears to be money well spent.

-Greg (brrrr...!)
'71 squareback
'63 Beetle