Draggin' butt.

Well, my ride is level now that I had the rear lowered.  My mechanics
installed Sway-A-Way adjustable spring plates.  Since the front of my baby
was lowered two notches -- a mild drop -- they were able to install the
'plates in the stock position and use the adjusters to lower the ride
height, with room to spare for further adjustment if need be (this doesn't
include using the air-adjustable shocks).  I can now adjust the ride height
myself whenever I wish by using just an allen wrench.  Pretty slick.

However, there is an unhappy side with installation.  They were able to
install the plates with the  rear fenders on the car but they said it
would've taken less time and aggravation if they could've removed the
fenders.  They didn't seem too happy with the Sway-A-Way bushings either,
since it appears that the kit is intended for a Bug (whatever model Bug has
the largest torsion bars, they're the same as the T3) and they had to do a
smidgen of adaptation work on the bushings, I think maybe a tad bit of
filing, nothing major.

All said and done, man does she look lower!  It's amazing how less than 2"
can make one's ride look.  I am pleased with the look and the fact that I
don't feel like I'm falling forward when I sit in the car.

     Toby Erkson
     air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
     modified '72 VW Squareback 2.0L
     stock '75 Porsche 914 1.8L