Speedometer

Hi... thank you for all your help

Now have already remove the speedo from the dash. Let's start with initial problem..
If you all recall my earlier mail, I heard strange, intermittent noises, came from the
speedometer. The noises was becoming worse and worse, and before I could open and check
the real causes, the speedo was not working anymore (There was no strange sounds
anymore). I managed to disassemble the speedo. Now I have separated the assembly that
holds the needle and the scale, and the assembly that holds the speedometer cable. I
found nothing broken or damaged there. Can anybody explain to me how this mechanism
works, so I can have something to start. Or.. you can give me some advice to repair this
gauge.

Thank you ..

Regards,
Eko