Re: Speedometer

Yes, I remeber your speedometer problem.  Mine started to die at about
the same time.  I disassembled the speedometer and found no stripped
gears.  I even took a square drive drill-bit and tested the speedometer
using my drill on the bench.  No screaming noises from the speedometer.
Humm...

I went back to the drawing board and bought a replacement cable.  I
haven't installed it yet because I need to get a clip to hold he cable
into the wheel hub.  When looking at my old cable, I found no retaining
clip on the hub.  Therefore, I suspect the whole problem was a result of
the cable slipping in the hub and vibrating up into my dash.  We shall
see later this week.

Amazingly, I haven't missed my speedometer at all : )
--
Dan Hirth

Raleigh, North Carolina
dhirth@mms.net