Type 3 repair manuals - The real ones!!!!

Hi folks

I went to get some suspension rubbers for my SQB yesterday and while
talking to the guy who sold them to me, he mentioned that he has some
old VW repair manuals that I may have a look at. So we went into his
office and there I found the official, genuine and for real repair
manuals for the Volkswagen 1500. Printed in Germany in 1961. These
manuals cover absolutely every part of the car and has step by step
instructions and pictures with every step. Unfortunately the text is
in German and my German grammar isn't so hot anymore. No, said the
guy, he doesn't want to sell them to me but I may borrow them for a
while and he doesn't mind if I make photocopies of the stuff I need.
So I am probably going to copy the whole manual for future reference
and I will be happy to answer any questions that anyone might have.
Just remember that these manuals were written for the early 1500 type
3 and does not include info on things like 1600 cc motors, disc
brakes, dual cicuit master cylinders, 12v electrics, automatic
transmission and fuel injection systems. It does cover all the rest
in great detail. I will now begin searching for repair manuals for
later models which will include all the rest.

Regards

Adriaan Loedolff
adriaan@norton.ctech.ac.za
'69 Squareback Automatic