Auto Trans Slipping Badly Now :-(

Hi,

My 69 Fastback Auto is hurting these days.  The transmission is slipping badly
in third gear.

Is there any way to remedy this short of replacing the transmission.  I've
already checked and changed the fluid and inspected all the vacuum connections
and everything looks good.

I have read the bentley, haynes, and muir manuals and feel confident it is the
third gear clutch that is at fault.  Is it conceivable that I could repair
this or am I looking at replacing the transmission in its entirety.

Also my experience with these units is modest so it is possible that something
else could be at fault.  Is there a common failure mode that these trannies
have that would result in this slippage?

Also if I must replace it could any of you recommend a good supplier of
rebuilt units?  Thanks for any suggestions.

Eric

69 Fastback
71 Fastback