Subject: Re: Differential question
Author:  type-3-errors@umich.edu at SMTPGATE
Date:    12/1/96 2:51 PM

There was a limited slip differential made for the IRS VW transaxle, it was an
option for the car. It is made by ZF, who apparently no longer make them, but
some suppliers may still have them, try Gene Berg. ZF will make them them to
order but the cost is high.

A company in the UK called QUAIFE also make a LSD for the IRS box, this type is
a mechanical diff unlike the ZF, which is clutch based. This company
batch build
them so don't always have them in stock. They ship most to Germany
for the Kafer
Cup racing so may be available in germany.

As for Porshe differentials, I have been told, but I've not looked in to it,
that porshe 924 have the same diff, and 924 Turbos had LSDs.