Re: T-3 Dizzy: Please help!

Your distributor should be a ZV/JCU4R3 and as far as the bits are
concerned, keep the condenser if the points aren't pitting too bad, keep
the cap and rotor if they are looking okay and replace the points with
genuine Bosch ones. Don't know the part number of the points but they
shouldn't be too hard to locate at any good VW shop. I have never had a
problem finding points genuine, only the caps and vacuum's for the early
Type 3's seem to be like gold. Check the vacuum on the distributor too
as they are all too often leaking. Don't know where you would get one of
those because it took me about 2 years of scrounging to find one NOS in
the box for my notch. Lube the whole mechanism too (I use auto trans
fluid as recommended by a couple of VW shops here and it works okay).
--
                      \|/
                      @ @