Subject: fuel filters
Author:  type-3-errors@umich.edu at SMTPGATE
Date:    11/27/96 9:31 PM

Hi All,
        This doesn't apply specifically to type IIIs but there is a lot
better info from you folks than the other VW list so I hope you don't mind.
(it could happen to your type III also) A friend of mine just bought a 71
Super Beetle and I've been helping him get it running. We installed a fuel
filter at the tank and then it stopped pumping fuel to the motor. We removed
the filter and everything worked fine. I've had two filters (one at the tank
and one at the carb) on all of my VWs including my type III and never had
problem before. Anybody have any ideas?
Later
Marty Gray           | Without Weapons The
Abilene, Texas       | Air Force Would Be
pinball@camalott.com | Just Another Airline
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 CC SB SLT 4x2 5.2 Auto
1968 VW Type III Fastback