Re: Dip-stick

wcollins@sbnsw.com.au wrote:

> Tim,
>
> If your dipstick is the same as mine, the rubber cylinder should be no-where
> near the oil level.  I think from memory, you only need to fill the line about
> 2-3 inches from the bottom.  I'm going from memory here so it may be 3-4
> inches from the bottom but definitely no more.
>
> My rubber cylinder is about 6 inches from the bottom.  Hope this helps.
>
> Regards,
>
> Wayne
> '72 Notch
> '73 Square
> '83 Sigma

So, what does the rubber stopper do?  Is there a full mark on the
dip-stick? I would just put in 2.5 qts like the book says, but I have a
oil sump and full-flow filtering.  It kinda changes the amount that I
need to add.

 Tim Fink                              \    /
                                        \  /
 69 Squareback (New 1776cc Motor)  \     \/     /
 79 Dasher                          \    /\    /
 81 Diesel Rabbit                    \  /  \  /
 67 Fastback                          \/    \/

tfink@hubcap.clemson.edu
South Carolina